Saturday, December 11, 2010

Transcending Convention

It is as silly as it seems
Sometimes the world's forgotten me
as I have done to it
endlessly

the thoughts that I've got stored
inside my mind
are at a loss
(like memories ignored)
is that a lie
that you and I
are changing daily?

international wizardry
the parting of the seas
the ice the rain the snow the steam
this water is surrounding me
and it is not that I
do not feel the clean
simply I don't
believe

conventions
(like similes
or even rhymes in poetry)
are really lame.

Gravity, please leave.  And if we cut down all the trees? can we believe? that we don't need? anything more to provide the air that we all breathe?  And time and space we will transcend unto the underwater world where everything is wet (and clean? haha). And everything is wet when you're transcending there with me if you'd only just believe me please you got to please me please don't worry you dont need me I got coffee and tv or its beer or cigs or weed or drugs or rock or roll or other things...

Now there is something there that you cannot hold
and yet
you still believe.
I guess it happens
that things are easier to
live with in disbelief or doubt
or never knowing what could have happened

like the end of this poem
so prematurely
like a thought forgotten
innocently

No comments:

Post a Comment