Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Climbing things that shouldn't be climbed

a view from high
of cityscapes
towers scraping at the sky
without a light
no rope
no cape
clinging not to fall

drain pipes and
a rusty gutter
are all I have
to keep from falling
looser than I'd like
but then again
trust is conditional

atop a rainy roof
a fine view is afforded
then to slip back down
is not so smooth
for those who feel
faint hearted

hope and truth
both known by
fingertips
fumbling for a hold
until my feet
have found the ground
again
let's look up
for more!!

Hahahaha last night I got wasted at the Red Door's holiday bash (thanks to all down there, yall are wonderful!!) and decided to do a little solo night climb.  Freaked out about halfway up when the drain pipe I had been so foolishly relying on popped off the wall I thought it was secured to.  Oops.  When you're halfway up you gotta go for broke.  I rested at someone window sill, could see the glow of a laptop seeping through the blinds, and wondered for a second what they might think of me crawling up the side of their condominium.  Probably not too much.  Thankfully I found a better route and here I am. Being scared shitless really does give you some perspective...and sometimes a poem too :))

Remember what Dead Babies always say..."safety third, bitches!!"

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment