Friday, June 5, 2009

Salmon Roe

I love living in the moment.  Travel seems to facilitate spontaneity (at least for me).  But right now I'm at home, cleaning out my room, my old life, a lot of memories.  I also had a reunion today at The Evergreen School.  Its a pretty awesome place, full of bright kids and amazing teachers.  I spoke about how we are like salmon, coming from one place and going out into the world to gain experience, only to return to the very place where were from.  While everyone doesn't necessarily come back to where they grew up, I think we return to the ideas that we believe in, often ideas or beliefs that were formed in our younger years.  As for coming back to spawn, I know I'll be hard pressed to leave the perfect state of Washington  :)

Salmon are awesome, they've been a big part of my life.  They are beautiful creatures (like most things here on earth I've found).  They are pretty important here in the Northwest, so I gotta thank my middle school teachers for exposing me, hands-on, to the slimy suckers.  Thanks especially to Janet Charnley, who has worked for years with the Thornton Creek salmon run.

I took some pics today but am too lazy to upload.  Expect some tomorrow.  I uploaded over a hundred on my facebook, for anyone interested...

Keep on swimming,

Sean

ps- nice seeing everyone at Evergreen.  Hope we can stay in touch in the future!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you should talk about salmon, cause the best salmon I ever ate was when I was staying with you and your family last may. I still remember how good it tasted, and how we had spent the day at Folklife earlier! Good times my man, good times. Look forward to some more posts brotha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDj7DuHVV9E

    ReplyDelete