Friday, June 12, 2009

Out of this world

I am sitting in an internet cafe I last visited eleven years ago. Incredible. I got into Quito last night at around 9pm, barely. The flight crew was closing the door to the plane when I showed up. Thanks for the directions, random American Airlines stewardess. Either way I'm here. Yay.

Today was spent getting acclimated and hanging out with some of Hugo's Cofán friends here in Quito. We went up to a viewpoint in a really weird gondola. I say weird because the attraction of the gondola was really pretty underrated, but hanks to Hugo's quick thinking, we all got up for half price (the nacionales fee) instead of the 8 dollars charged to most tourists. Que bueno.

Tonight we are going to Felipe Borman's brother's graduation. We're staying in a $15 a night hostal, four to a room, one queen, one twin. It's gonna be fun. The area we're in is really packed with gringos. I can't wait to get into the jungle. What I really can´t wait for is some mountains though. These things are huge over here and theres plenty of little villages to keep me off the beaten path. For now Marin, Sadie, Hugo, and I are sticking together. We're planning on hitting la playa this week. Hopefully I'll get some waves :) After that we're thinkin of heading north for the market at Otovalo (must see for the girls) and then into the oriente.

Sorry there are no photos today. My electronic gear is in a different place right now (Hugo's uncle's place). I'll try to post some soon, la proxima vex. Untill then, saludos!

-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment