Thursday, August 5, 2010

Te Echo de Menos Uruguay

I miss moonlit nights wandering around on the rambla...asados every Sunday in the middle of the street...the glass roof on the house that we'd open when we smelled summertime...the music that we made and the parties that people came to...


I miss the dirty streets, you know here they're all too clean for me.  I miss the ways of living that I fall into when I live in Spanish.  I miss the clash of culture, architecture, and the days that ran one right into another and before I knew that it was over...


I miss my German friends who lived with us in the hostel.  I miss that big brown door and the ill-lit marble stairs that I fell down more times that I can count.  I miss the spiral staircase, Seba's room, and the roof above.  I miss my papa, Pepe and Uruguays new presidente.


Don't worry I'll be back but not for long you'll have to miss me.  I cannot feel your spirit glow as I lean into kiss you.  You musn't cry or fuss about, a minute soon is over.  And all we've to do is move along, I think we're finally getting closer.

The storm that I can't see.
The rain that I can't feel.
The thunder I can't hear it yet.
But the pressure I can smell.
The wind is blowing our clothes off.
I'm waiting for the rain.
I see bright lights
from miles away.
I'm waiting for the rain.


I'll be back again,
sooner than later,
with new friends
to share with old ones.

Te amo seba y sam y lukas y alvaro y pepe y patricia y
las dos marianas y noelia y emil y ari y roly y todos los pibes!!

Siempre comes bananas.  Son buenassssssssss!!!

Hasta luego, buenas noches, y paz.

Siempre,

Sean

2 comments:

  1. Very nice thoughts! If you come to South America in the future don't forget Argentina! You are very welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...yes "User" its me, Euge :P

    ReplyDelete