Monday, November 16, 2009

No Time for Fall

It has been raining for days. House music blasts its beats through my open ears as I sit here typing. I can still hear the rain on the roof, the bass in Gaelen's room, the leaves quivering with wind, all wet and heavy and bright against the evergreens.

I don't mind the harsh transition from 26 degree sunny days in Montevideo to 7 cs in the rainy city and snowing at Whistler. We've gotten 164cm (there you go, Lukas!!) or 64 inches of snow in the last week. Last Saturday was the best opening day I have ever skied. Decent coverage, not toooooo horrendous lift lines, and a good crew made it a memorable one. Oh and there was a ton of snow :)) And more to come...

Extended forecast for Whistler - Blackcomb.
Wednesday.. Cloudy with flurries. Snow beginning late in the day.
Snowfall accumulation 15 to 25 cm.
Freezing level 1000 metres.
Thursday.. Periods of snow.
Snowfall accumulation 25 to 35 cm.
Freezing level 1000 metres.
Friday.. Snow.
Snowfall accumulation 15 to 25 cm.
Freezing level 1000 metres.
(http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/weather/forecast/index.htm)

So on top of the 164cm an additional 75cm makes for 239cm in the past two weeks. It's gonna be good. Expect some photos sometime. I am in the midst of uploading photos and emailing them to so many people right now. If you are one of these people or want to be one of these people send me your email and tell me what photo you want and I'll do what I can. Check in to my facebook too...

In the meantime finding a job is harder than I thought and ski season is all too tempting (especially with all the snow right now). If you know anyone who needs an able body, lemme know.

I think I'm going skiing on Wednesday and then the weekend. Gotta get the days in while I can...! See you on the hill!!

Sean

ps-



an old one of Chuck sharfin the gnar

No comments:

Post a Comment