Sunday, November 8, 2009

Consistent consistancy

Just did my first day of Olympic training here in rainy Vancouver. I shouldn't say rainy, but that's what it has mostly been, save for a few wonderful west coast sunsets with the city and skyline set in front of the mountains. And about those mountains around this time year: when it rains in the city its snowing up there. That is why I find it so easy to love to wet weather we have here. It's just not enough to be wet, you gotta be cold too!

Olympic training was super fun. We tooled around for the day in some new GM suv thing we'll be shuttling clients around in during the games. Pretty sweet to check out where the venues are and what not. The Richmond Olympic Oval (ROO) is dope. Really really cool architecture and sustainable too! They used a lot of pine beetle damaged wood for the gorgeous interior of the complex. It's going to look sick on TV!! But ya, anyhow, I'm really looking forward to this winter. First some pow, then some Olympics. Good deal.

But now, how about an adventure?

It was Mikel Bock's birthday the other night so we honored the 21 year young man by heading out to Richmond for some skate action. The park's got lights til 11pm!! It was pretty quiet until these guys showed up...

Wham
Galen laying some rail down

Whoosh
Birthday boy Mikel sailing easy breezily

Wee
Paul Rarick gets high!

Whatup
Pibes de pavement

Oh kay, so next we went to the Chan Centere to do more cruisin' with Chuck and Ben and some girls that showed up. Continued fun with turtles and elevators. Not in the elevators though.

Level 1
Thanks tortuga!

Look ma!
Charles with a no hand manual...!

YO!
Ben pushing buttons at the Chan

So that concluded skateboard foto phest twofounsandnNine fantastic for having you.

Alright, the other day Gaelen, with whom I live casually let Charles and I know that "yeah, there are like two couchsurfers coming today." Ok, cool, no problemo. "Ya, one of them is hot, don't know about the other." Better. "Ding-dong." Why hello, welcome.

Thats not even the picture of "the hot one" though I must clear this up and say right now that they were both quite pretty and wonderful girls. One French and one Slovenian. Both work in Tacoma as au-pairs and found it pretty funny that all of us in the house are from the Seattle area. Chuck and I toured them around Vancouver on Saturday after some pesto on Friday night (delish). Stanley park, Granville Island, everything touristy. And they bought magnets and clothes and lots of fun stuff. Thanks for coming if you read this, girls! We had a good time with you in the house :)


And a sidenote/point of awesome awesomeness:

HAPPY 1.2 BIRTHDAY CAGEFIGHTING
These cupcakes were absof***kinglutely delicious!! Tofu frosting, baked in orange rinds and so, sooooooo rich y riquisimo! The poetry was very good. I'm super glad to be back with my people, haha. In my absence the group has grown and the quality/quantity/energy gotten better, closer, warmer, something. Thanks guys, you're the best.

Well I gotta take off here. I'm trying to get a job as a volunteer blogger for Whistler. I fit all the requirements (be there during the olympics) and would love to do it but I gotta go write two more blog entries. One about my best day of skiing last year (which I will relish recounting) and the other about the Peak-to-Peak gondy (which I someday want to jump off of, haha).

Here are a few shots from Montevideo para mis amigos ahí. Les extraño mucho. Espero que todo está bien en la casa!
It's Sam in the hall!
Sam in the hall

Jammin' out
This is a kick-ass photo. I like rock and roll.
And that dude is a rocker.

Peace, love, and snow,

Sean

1 comment:

  1. how do you apply to be a volunteer blogger?

    wooo olympics 2010!

    ReplyDelete