Friday, September 11, 2009

Random Photos

I took all the photos off my little Nikon s620 (wicked camera, RIP). It kinda went swimming in the Amazon a few months ago. It worked for a solid month and a half longer after the dip, but now it has sadly passed on, leaving me lugging around my d50. Just aint the same. Little cameras are great for capturing quick moments, sketchy situations, and candids. The d50 awesome, my baby. But it's huge and frankly too much of a risk to lose. So I don't bring it out at night, which is a shame cause that's my favorite time to shoot!! ahhhhh, joder!! So here are some shots (if they upload) of places I've been over the past few months. I'll post as many as I can :))



The rive to Huaraz, Peru. Our driver and front seat passenger started drinking beers once we corssed the pass. This is how the Cordillera Blanca welcomes visitors. Nothing short of spectacular.


Arequipa,. Peru. This one is for all the homies back home getting the last of the summer on their skates. This guy was selling these old school decks that he painted himself. Mr. Bock, I wish I had more room in my pack for this deck cause it had your name written all over it.


Tacna, Peru. Ormeño bus company. This was our home for a little over 50 hours. We had three stops for food in 50 hours. Getting out of Peru was easy: "You you have any marijuana?" Nope. "Cocaine?" No, sir. "Pasa." Getting into Chile was harder. Like a four hour border wait where we couldn't even get the frisbee out of the bottom of the bus. Good thing I had the sack of hack in my little backpack :)

Somewhere in Chile. This is me on the bus. 8 days without bathing in transit will do that to you.

Estancia San Silvestre, La Paz, Entre Rios, Argentina. The illustious Carlos Arnaldo Marquez: gaucho, lady killer, and horse barber. After we trimmed up the horses we burned the hair. Survival tip: horse hair burns super easy.

Rio Paraná, La Paz, Entre Rios, Argentina. Estancia Beef owns a bunch of islands where there are an innumerable amount of cattle in addition to the few hundred on estancia San Silvestre. The people who live out on the islands use these small river boats to navigate the numerous waterways that split up the islands floating in the middle of the Rio Paraná. On Fridays they come into La Paz to find hard land and their familes. They often just leave their boats chilling in very photogenic locations.

San Silvestre. Taken while cooking asado on a full moon. Sexy sillohuette courtesy of Charles Cottingham. Moon and stars courtesy of the minimal light pollution La Paz generates.

El Campo, San Silvestre. Rear end of a cattle drive. Driving those suckers all the way accross the ranch aint easy. Gotta flush em out by yipping and hollering, make sure you don't lose any runaways, and then drive them all together to the corral where you gotta count em. If you're missing any you go do it again. If you got em all it feels like you're just won the best video game ever invented.

more to follow...

No comments:

Post a Comment