Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A Daydream I had at work...

So I was at work standing around at seven or so in the morning yesterday and no one was coming into the coffee shop.  I started daydreaming and soon fell into my favorite theme of travel.  I always tend to wander to the ends of the earth (so to speak).  Or of my mind; I quite like it there on the edge of control or complete lack thereof, sanity/insanity, old/new, urban/rural, good/bad, clean/dirty, water/land, life/death.  Sometimes I feel like we are always trying so hard to live between the words of these dichotomies.  Like we wanna be kinda crazy.  But not CRAZY.  Like we wanna drive really fast but we got airbags.  Like we're gonna live in the suburbs when we grow up because the woods are dark and scary but the bright lights of the city burn our eyes so on we drive.  We are constantly adjusting, never trusting ourselves with too much of anything...even if its free.

I think perspective can be gained in our journeys from edge to edge.  A lot of people are alive but not living.  Likewise some dead live on.  Make the mundane to be extraordinary and live it every day.

I've never been to Costa Rica.  A lot of people tell me I should go.  Sounds far away.  I would love to.

Costa Rica
Me voy al fin de mundo
para descubrir
que conozco
Para ver el mar
y hablar con las olas.

Some Place
I am going to the end of the earth
to discover
what I know
To look at the ocean
and to talk with the waves.

Let's see what this next day holds...

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment