Monday, October 5, 2009

I found a thousand pesos on the ground in a hot dog stand yesterday. This was after the skate competition I got to photograph where one of my new friends got second place. And after meeting some crazy people in the skateboarding scene here in Montevideo (which is pretty strong, surprisingly enough). See if I can't get some photos published...

Sam has gotten me sick. I haven't been sick in a long time. I really don't think about getting sick and so I never am sick. Well now I am sick and it sucks. It's kind of a nice relief not to crave beer or cigarettes for a short respite. My throat burns and I'm all congested.

There was a huge thunderstorm last night in Montevideo. The lightening lit my room up and the booming thunder shook the glass in the windows. It was crazy. It rained so hard I was afraid there would be a pool on the roof in the morning and I hoped I had shut the hatch when I left the roof earlier on in the day when the sun had been so hot I sweat myself to sleep for a nice siesta.

This morning I helped Pepe and Seba move demolition rubbish in dumpsters around the city. Then Sebastian and I bought some CD's. Best of Radiohead and Is This It by the Strokes. I told Sebastian about how I just convinced myself to stay in Montevideo until late December after wanting so badly to go home. Well I got more on that.

I got an email from the Vancouver Olympic people about my volunteer position for the Paraolympics. Apparently training is in early November. So home might be closer than I thought. After having convinced myself to stay here I feel like a fool for wanting to go home knowing what is to come in the next few months here. If I can't move the training around, then it looks like I'll be couchsurfing Vancouver starting November.

I got a job at a hostel the other day. A night shift Thursday to Sunday, 8pm-1am. Play music for the guests, cook frozen pizza, and do dishes. I'll get paid for how much beer I sell (believe me, I can sell beer) on top of my wage, whatever that is. Now that I'm all thinkin of home, I have no idea what to tell my potential boss. "Yeah, I might just drop off the side of the earth here in the next couple weeks. That's cool, right? Like, you'll still pay me?"

After finding a thousand pesos on the ground the last thing I really want to do is work. My luck usually works out in the end anyways.

Wow, hope than interested all you die hard readers.

Sean

ps- I feel like shit :) more soon

No comments:

Post a Comment