Monday, October 12, 2009

I am 22

As of today I am a new number. I woke up this morning after a very fun party last night and felt nothing. Not cold. Not hungover. Not old. Not like I needed to brush my teeth (even though I did). Not like anything except well rested and satisfied with my life thus far.

It is fun to be where I am. It is more fun to be going places. I don't know where, but they all seem alright right now. And I can go anywhere. Anywhere will work.

I thoroughly enjoy all the kind words and well wishes today on the 12th of October. Thank you to all my friends :)) I love and miss you all. I will be home sooner than you think.

Sean

ps- I've always found it ironic that I was born on Columbus day. Here in South America the 12th is la Dia de La Raza! A day to acknowledge all the indigenous people white people like Columbus put an end to. A day for me, as an anthropologist, to reflect on my confused discipline. All the people here find it hilarious that I studied anthropology and was born on la Dia de la Raza. I find it fitting. As a Libra it reminds me of some kind of balance in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment