Monday, September 26, 2011

Back to Black and White (BBW)

Shot a roll of Ilford XP2 a few months back, just scanned the negs.  Really dig it.  XP2 is black and white film (emulsion) that is color processed (C41).  The grain looks great, it preformed well in different lighting situations, and the black and white is just so sexy.

"It looks 'old school'! like what is that?" a friend asked me.


It is just film.  If I knew how to work my scanner better these scans would probably come out better.  I plan on printing a couple, let me know if you like any that I post in particularly.


Most of the blur can be attributed to the less than stellar plastic Holga lens.
Without it, the watercolor-like photos would never turn out.
If it had a better lens, I'd never use it AND/OR spill beer on it all the time, like I do anyways.


(check back in soon for the end of a roll I spilled beer on...really cool effects, hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment