Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nothin' like a rainy day

I feel the stoke comin' on!!  Put new tires on the car today.  Getting geared up for snow :))

It was raining in the morning and it was COLD.  That's a good sign.  Somewhere it is for sure snowing.

And I think I'll head North this weekend for some madness with the usual suspects.

I'm getting a Whistler pass and probably one for Steven's Pass too.

Since I broke my wrist I'm outta work for a couple weeks.  Blows ass.  I hate being broke.  And being broke and hurst blows even harder.  Especially when I was making cash like last week :/

I guess I'll just sit inside and drink more tea.  Listen to more music, maybe pull out the vinyl.  George Harrison's on now.

Last night I was playing something on the piano and it sounded for a second like this song by Joni Mitchell.  But of course I couldn't remember it.  And then once I did it was the night and I had to find my iPod and click through a couple of albums worth of tunes before finallyfinding it at the end of For the Roses.  It's called The Judgment of the Moon and Stars (Ludwig's Song) and the only part that sounds remotely like what I was playing is the seven note break with horns about a minute and ten seconds into the song.  The whole album is pretty good, imho.

This recording's from YouTube.  Joni talks about the song before she plays it.  Great live recording.  Raw music, acoustic emotion, background noise...I'm a fan.  The rest of the songs from the set are stellar as well.  Just her and a guitar or piano.  Super stripped down.  Super pure.



I gotta go make some more tea :))

Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment